Sweet Potato Casserole with Homemade Paleo Marshmallows

Paleo Grubs
Paleo Grubs -

Getting tired of always making the same old casserole recipe for the holidays year after year? Then I’ve got just the thing for you. How about a delicious, 100% paleo-friendly sweet potato casserole with homemade paleo marshmallows? Yes, you read that right! This just might be the greatest casserole dish of all time. It combines a healthy filling with a sweet potato base with unreal marshmallows made with grass fed beef gelatin, honey, vanilla, and arrowroot flour.

Casserole + Marshmallows = Amazing Home Cooked Meal 

I must admit that at first, the idea of adding marshmallows into my casserole seemed totally alien to me. I usually enjoy casserole as a dinner option, and you want to include candy in it? I was so wrong to doubt it though as they end up taking an already good casserole and turning it into something else entirely. It’s essential to use your own homemade marshmallows though. In order to make the marshmallows that go into this dish, you’ll be combining water with gelatin made from grass fed beef and then adding it to a mixture of water and honey. After preparing the mixture, you’ll be dusting it up with a bit of arrowroot flour as a finishing touch.

With the marshmallows taken care of, it’s time to focus on the sweet potato filling. It’s made with cubes of sweet potato, coconut sugar, coconut oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and your choice of chopped walnuts or pecans. Sweet potatoes are terrific for use in many paleo dishes, and especially casseroles. They are such a nutrient dense vegetable, being an excellent source of fiber, beta carotene, vitamins B1, B2, and B6, and potassium. That’s not to mention the fact that they also contain plenty of healthy antioxidants that help protect your body against disease. (1)

I used to make all of my sweet potato casseroles with a crunchy pecan topping everytime. After hearing so much about trying them with marshmallows though, I caved in and gave it a try. And honestly? I should have been making them like this much sooner. It’s definitely my new favorite casserole dish and I can’t wait to make more of it with Christmas fast approaching.

I still have a soft spot for some other great paleo casseroles as well. If you’re not really a fan of the marshmallow recipe here, then you might want to check out these great casserole recipes:

Sweet Potato Casserole with Homemade Paleo Marshmallows
Jess (Paleo Grubs)

Post a Comment

0 Comments