Crunchy Low Carb Paleo Zucchini Chips

Low Carb Paleo Zucchini Chips

I would’ve never eaten Zucchini Chips before Paleo – why would I have when I could’ve just grabbed a cheap bag of super-processed, overly salted potato chips? But the answer is, of course, in the question. Now I opt for these Zucchini Chips to satisfy my salty-crispy cravings because they’re all natural and made with a veggie I can get on board with.

These Zucchini Chips are super easy to make. Just slice, fry, salt, and done! I like using my cast iron skillet to fry them because the cast iron evenly distributes the heat throughout the fat during cooking so you get evenly fried chips. But, if you don’t have a cast iron skillet, don’t let that stop you from trying these. Just keep an eye on your temperature and fry away!

Low Carb Paleo Zucchini Chips

Zucchini Chips are great all on their own as a snack, or as a side to a sandwich (a Paleo sandwich, of course) or soup. But one of my favorite ways to chow down on these chips is with a yummy dip, like my Green Goddess Dip. The salty, crispy chips are great vehicles for even more yummy goodness.

Low Carb Paleo Zucchini Chips

Let’s talk tools. If you don’t know what a mandoline is, let me explain: it’s like a very sharp knife that is on a platform that you run your veggies over and it slices them at varying thicknesses, based on the settings. If you don’t have one, they are a great investment. You can usually get them pretty cheaply at your local kitchenware store. No need to invest in a super fancy expensive one – the cheap ones do the trick!

And whether it’s your first time or your one thousandth time using a mandoline, please do use the safety guard. I’ve taken off more than a little bit of my finger (and consequently ruined otherwise perfect piles of thinly sliced vegetables) because I thought “oh, I’ll just be careful.” Be careful and use the guard – these things are super sharp!

But the super sharp blade of a mandoline is what gets these Zucchini Chips nice and thin, which of course results in a crispier chip. So if you don’t have a mandoline, just use the sharpest knife you have and try to get those slices as thin as humanly possible.

And here’s an extra little tip for these Zucchini Chips: depending on how you’re planning on eating them – just by themselves, with dip, or a side dish – you can pump up their taste accordingly. I love just salt and a bit of freshly cracked pepper. But since I also love spicy things, sometimes I throw on some red pepper flakes. Or if I’m going for a southwest enhancement, I’ll try a little chili pepper and cumin, along with the salt. So don’t be afraid to get creative with these little guys.

They’re easy to make and super easy to love!

More Paleo Chip Recipes:

Homemade Paleo Tortilla Chips
Easy Homemade Sweet Potato Chips (OMG, So Good)
Homemade Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips
How to Make the Best Baked Beet Chips (My Friends are OBSESSED with These)
How to Make Quick & Easy Kale Chips
Carrot Chips with Honey ‘Yogurt’ Dip
9 Healthy Salty Paleo Snacks – Veggie Chips, Crackers and Crisps

Crunchy Low Carb Paleo Zucchini Chips
Jess (Paleo Grubs)

Post a Comment

0 Comments